The three Benedictine abbeys are:
– Casamari Abbey: Founded by the Benedictines around the year 1000, then entrusted to the Cistercians, followers of the rule of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, still preserves works of art and precious ones manuscripts in the highly equipped library and in the museum-art gallery.
– Trisulti in Collepardo: Famous for its structure but above all for the ancient pharmacy (now museum) where the monks worked herbs and spices from the surrounding mountains, extracting essences and aromas for infusions and distillates such as Amaro centerbe, Trisulti brandy, anisette, imperial tincture and Sambuca, among the oldest in Italy.
– The Abbey of Montecassino: Destroyed and rebuilt several times (just remember the devastating aerial bombardment of 1944), has always been one of the greatest centers of irradiation of the Benedictine spirituality and Western culture. Where even today in the prestigious library yes they preserve precious documents such as the “placito cassinese”, the first legal document in the language vulgar and the famous illuminated manuscripts.
The Archaeological Museum of Cassino located within the Roman city is of considerable interest archaeological site due to the presence of the remains of the great walls and structures of the time.
The Archaeological Museum of Atina and the Comino Valley “G. Visocchi ”consists of a path exhibition in five large rooms, which host materials referable to a chronological arc between the VIII sec. B.C. and the late Middle Ages. Coming from the Atinate area and from other municipalities in the valley, in particular from the necropolis of Omini died in San Biagio Saracinisco and from the Italic sanctuary of Casale Pescarolo to Casalvieri.
The Museo della Civiltà Contadina (Pastena) is an important historical testimony of the territory which houses ancient and medieval finds found around the town and where it is possible to follow a path interior of the premises that illustrate the life of the countryside in sequence.
The Museum of Art and Wool, inside which are exhibited ancient machinery purchased by the Municipality of Arpino and belonged to the old Lanificio Diodati, active until the Second World War, when i retreating Germans undermined the most modern equipment.
The Museum of Violin Making exhibits a collection of objects, materials, preparatory drawings, forms, tools, machinery and tools finished and in the process of being worked that belonged to the arpinate luthier workshop Embergher-Cerrone, specialized in the production of Roman-type mandolins and other stringed instruments.
Alatri: city of the Ciclopi, one of the most beautiful cities of Ciociaria.
Veroli: it is one of the Ciociaria’s most rich in history, culture and art.
Anagni: known as the city of the Popes.
Arpino: the city of Cicero
Fumone: medieval village of Ciociaria and famous for the Fumone Castle.
Contact us and ask the best competitive solution for your group.